CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday Morning Musings

Here are a few things for Monday morning.

1- Teething children aren't fun (explanation to come later).

2- Here is a photo taken of me on Friday at work.
It is a fun photo. My boss (who really was going above and beyond his duty to jackhammer out some concrete) was using the jackhammer as I was walking by. I asked him if he needed a break, since neither of us generally use the jackhammer unless things need to get done (which it did in this case). Well, somebody got the camera out and decided to take a picture of it. This job is the first job in about two-and-a-half years that has allowed me to be on site a lot and as a result get to do cool stuff like use the jackhammer and drive big machinery like this one (the John Deere Loader... that's the big yellow one if anybody is wondering) that I drove last week (photo from tricitymaterials.ca):


3- I used this video for a priesthood lesson yesterday. It shows the church growth by stake and year since 1847 (I believe). It is a pretty nifty video that the church has made available on their website for download. With it comes my tech tip of the day. You can download any of the church videos from their website (found here) and put them on your iPod. Then you can buy a little device like the one shown here (photo and item from Radio Shack) and watch the video on TV! It works great for church lessons (you can put PowerPoints on iPods too and get them on a projector or TV too) or any presentations. Also, any show you buy on iTunes is high enough resolution to be shown on your TV, so with this cable hook up you can watch anything off of iTunes on your TV as well as your iPod.


Anyway, here is the video I was originally talking about. Enjoy:


1 comments:

Jordan and Erin Farr said...

One day with a jack hammer huh! Lucky. Today I dug a hole just to fill it back in 5 minutes later. Good work dustin.